Here are my delicious mini calzones, which sort of happened by accident! I was thinking of one recipe when I was buying the food, but actually wanted to MAKE a different recipe, so I had to adapt and made something totally delicious! WW Points Plus (with MY ingredients) is 4.75.
- 1 package reduced fat biscuits - I used Pillsbury buttermilk Grands
- 2/3 cup low-fat mozzarella - I used Sargento
- turkey pepperoni - I used two regular sized pieces for each (16 total), but you could use more or less or minis, etc. The best part about these is that you can literally put anything into them! Sausage, different cheeses, veggies…whatever you feel like!
- Tomato sauce (8 oz.) - I used Hunt’s garlic, basil and oregano … but you can just get plain and/or make your own. Ragu also has a pre-made pizza sauce, or you could even use spaghetti sauce! How much you use depends on how much sauce you like, of course, but I had half of this can left over, so I used about a tablespoon or so on each, and the sauce was contained in the biscuit, but they could probably have handled a little more before getting TOO saucy.
- Preheat over according to directions on biscuit packaging.
- Slice open uncooked biscuits so they’re about 3/4 open but still connected.
- Spoon sauce onto exposed inside of biscuit, smooth it on all of it.
- Add cheese! I used just a pinch or two.
- Add pepperoni (or other toppings).
- Close biscuit. It may have gotten a little stretched in the filling process, but just flatten it back together and press the edges of the slice together. It will cook closed.
- I sprinkled a bit of cheese on top of the closed biscuit, but you could use spices or whatever you wanted.
- When finished assembling calzones, cook according to biscuit direction and enjoy!